ANC3B receives an annual allotment of approximately $12,000 from the City Council, and we try to give the vast majority of these funds back to the community through grants to local non-profit organizations. Organizations that serve those who live, work, or play in Glover Park and Cathedral Heights are eligible for grants of up to $2,500 annually. ANC 3B has provided grants to the Glover Park Citizens Association, Friends of Glover Park, DC Babe Ruth Baseball, the Stoddert PTA, Hardy PTO, DC Greens, the Potomac Appalachian Trail Club, Iona Senior Services, and many other deserving organizations. Please contact us if you would like to apply for a grant. ANC 3B grant guidelines are described below.
- The organization receiving the grant must be “public in nature,” and must benefit persons who live or work within ANC 3B.
- ANC 3B shall consider grants on a quarterly basis, at the January, April, July, and October meetings. In the event a meeting is canceled, grants will be considered in the following month. Organizations that bring time-sensitive grants before the ANC may, at the discretion of the commissioners, receive consideration during other months.
- Grant applications must be submitted in writing to the Commission at least one week prior to the meeting at which the grant will be considered.
- The grant application must include a) a description of the organization requesting the grant, and the nature of the services it provides to the residents of ANC 3B and the surrounding community; b) a description of the proposed project for which the grant is requested; c) a statement of expected public benefits, and benefits for individuals who live or work within ANC 3B; d) the total cost of the proposed project, including detailed budgetary information and information on all other sources of funding; and e) a timetable for the proposed project.
- ANC 3B shall, upon a majority vote of commissioners in attendance, approve the full amount of the grant, approve a partial amount of the grant, or deny the grant.
- Consideration of grants for approval shall include the following factors: the number of individuals who live, work, or play in or near ANC 3B who will benefit from the grant; whether the organization is located in or near ANC 3B; the need of the organization; the organization’s prior history with management of ANC 3B grants; the organization’s intended use of funds, with preference given to grant requests that contain specific projects or items to be funded with the grant rather than requests seeking general program support; the amount of time that has elapsed since the last ANC 3B grant to the organization.
- Organizations may not receive more than $2,500 in ANC 3B grants in any single calendar year.
- A representative of the organization requesting the grant must make a public presentation of the grant request prior to a vote of the Commissioners.
- Grants may not be used for partisan political activity, litigation, or food or entertainment expenses.
- Within sixty days of receiving the grant, the recipient must forward to ANC 3B a statement as to the use of funds consistent with the grant application, complete with receipts supporting all expenditures. Any funds not spent within 60 days, shall be returned to ANC 3B no later than the 60th day
- Organizations may reapply for grants if further funds are needed, not to exceed $2,500 per calendar year per organization.
Ask questions or submit your grant request here.